Each year the Southern California School Band & Orchestra Association hosts honor ensembles to bring together southern California’s best elementary, middle school, and high school student musicians. After a vigorous and professional audition process, jazz, orchestra, and band students are chosen from regions spanning from San Luis Obispo to San Diego. This year the program announced that the following Griffins were selected as SCSBOA 2019 Honor Musicians.
• Julia Carpenter, junior – Violin II, High School Orchestra
• Lance Kaiser, senior – Trumpet III, Jazz, Ambassadors
• Santiago Lopez, sophomore – Tenor Sax II, Jazz Ambassadors
• Brennan Murray, sophomore – Drums, Jazz All-Stars
• Max Nguyen, freshman – Drums, Honor Jazz Band
The jazz students will perform on Friday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom B at the Orange County Hyatt Hotel. Julia and the orchestra will perform on Sunday, Jan. 27 in the Grand Ballroom at the Orange County Hyatt Hotel. Admission is free for both events. For more information, go to scsboa.org.