Crime Log Compiled
by Jessica Boudevin
Editor’s note: This week’s Crime Log is based on a sevenpage summary version of the log provided by the Seal Beach Police Department. The summary log covers the period from Aug. 19 to Aug. 22. Summary logs provide no details about incidents or arrests.
Friday, August 16
• Burglary from Vehicle—7:04 a.m.—10th Street—The caller stated that their vehicle was broken into.
• Vehicle Taken—5:37 p.m.—Northwood Road—The caller reported that her vehicle was taken without her consent sometime between midnight on June 21 and the time of the call.
• Shoplifting—10:55 p.m.—Pacific Coast Highway—Police responded to a call regarding shoplifting equaling an amount less than $950.
Saturday, August 17
• Possible DUI—6:47 p.m.—Seal Beach Boulevard—Seal Beach Officers responded to a call regarding a driver possibly operating their vehicle under the influence.
• Shoplifting—8:32 p.m.—Pacific Coast Highway—Police responded to a call regarding shoplifting equaling an amount less than $950.
• Possible DUI—11:19 p.m.—Seal Beach Boulevard and Adolfo Lopez Drive—Seal Beach Officers responded to a call regarding a driver possibly operating their vehicle under the influence.
• Arrest—Seal Beach Boulevard—Michelle Anita Allen was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Arrest—Bolsa Avenue and Seabreeze Drive—Daniel Giovanni Salcido Limon was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Sunday, August 18
• Littering—10:03 p.m.—First Street—Seal Beach Officers responded to an instance of a littering individual. Mark Jeffrey Shipe was arrested on suspicion of littering.
• Arrest—11:10 a.m.—Ocean Avenue—Matthew Allen Gitlin was arrested on suspicion of human waste disposal, which can include urinating or defecating in public places or public view.
• Arrest—3:26 p.m.—Electric Avenue—Matthew Allen Gitlin was again arrested on suspicion of human waste disposal. The Seal Beach Municipal Code states that “no person shall urinate or defecate in a public place or in view of a public place, except in toilet facilities intended for accepting human waste. For these purposes, ‘public’ includes common areas located on private property.”
• Arrest—Westminster Avenue and Bolsa Chica Road—Damien Christopher Lameray was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
• Theft from Vehicle—8:30 a.m.—Surfside Avenue—The caller stated that items were stolen from their vehicle sometime after 10 p.m. the previous evening.
Monday, August 19
• Burglary—9:51 a.m.—Rose Street—The caller reported that items were stolen from her house between 9:51 a.m. on August 16 and the time that she called, though there were no signs of forced entry.
• Arrest—Fifth Street and Pacific Coast Highway—Paul Joseph Obrien was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Tuesday, August 20
• Burglary—2 p.m.—Montecito Road—The caller reported that their garage had been forced into and stolen from sometime within the last eight months.
Wednesday, August 21
• Theft from Vehicle—6:30 a.m.—Blue Heron—The caller stated that items were stolen from their vehicle between 10 p.m. the previous evening and the morning of the report.
• Shoplifting—9:54 p.m.—Seal Beach Boulevard—Police responded to a call regarding shoplifting equaling an amount less than $950. Seal Beach Officers arrested Craig Ivan Gilbert on suspicion of shoplifting.