Editor’s note: The following is based on both a detailed version of the crime log and two summary versions, all provided by the Seal Beach Police Department. The combined documents contained 58 pages of information. The summary versions of the logs provide no details.
Friday, August 2
• Transient (Priority 3) – 8:52 a.m. – Ocean Avenue – A caller reported that two men, one in his 20s and the other in his 60s, were near the pier asking passersby to buy them cigarettes. Police arrested Josiah Lovell for other offenses against public justice, which could include resisting arrest.
• Bicycle Stop (Priority 4) – 8:52 a.m. – Seal Beach Boulevard and Anchor Way – Seal Beach Police Officer stopped an individual for running a red light while on a bicycle. The Officer advised the individual about the civil code related to bicycles obeying the rules of the road.
• Disturbing Subject (Priority 2) – 9:14 a.m. – Seal Beach Boulevard and Westminster Avenue – The caller stated that a man threw a hub cap into the street, almost hitting vehicles. The man in question was gone when police arrived.
• Vandalism (Priority 3) – 12:17 p.m. – Westminster Avenue – The caller reported a Hyundai Tiburon parked in the same spot for eight days. According to the caller, the vehicle was damaged with beer bottles strewn around it. Report taken.
• Welfare Check (Priority 2) – 3:46 p.m. – North Gate Road – Officers responded to a call from a mother concerning her daughter. Police suggested that the mom leave without her daughter to prevent any further disturbance. They left in the same vehicle.
• Drunk (Priority 2) – 6:10 p.m. – Main St. – The caller reported an intoxicated woman in her 30s stumbling northbound in an alley. She then lifted her black dress and urinated in the alley, before walking away with her purse in her hands. Officers were unable to locate the woman in question.
• Traffic Collision (Priority 3) – 6:11 p.m. – Seal Beach Boulevard and Saint Cloud Dr. – The caller reported a traffic collision between a Tesla and a Hyundai Sonata. According to the caller, the driver of the Hyundai chased the Tesla before pulling in front of the car and slamming on their brakes, causing the Tesla to rear end them.
• Disturbing Subject (Priority 3) – 6:30 p.m. – Marina Drive – The caller stated that a man who had two children with him was throwing softballs at a tree and refused to stop, even after almost hitting the caller with an errant ball. The man was attempting to get down a soccer ball that had gotten stuck in tree branches.
• Petty Theft (Priority 3) – 7:03 p.m. – Main St. – Loss is a rosary and a container.
• Welfare Check (Priority 2) – 7:57 p.m. – Seal Beach Boulevard and Westminster Ave – The caller reported that an older female driver in a Mercedes Marquis was swerving in lanes. The caller, concerned that the individual would get into an accident, followed her to a gas station. Police determined that no further assistance was needed.
• Disturbing Juvies (Priority 3) – 9:02 p.m. – Ocean Avenue – Two callers reported a group of juveniles wearing bathing suits. The first caller said that there were about 10 individuals that looked as if they were preparing to jump off the pier. Police were unable to locate the juveniles.
• Possible DUI (Priority 2) – 11:53 p.m. – Pacific Coast Highway and Anderson Street – The caller stated that they saw a Chevy Silverado swerving. The caller followed the Silverado, with two occupants. Police responded and determined that everything checked out okay.
• Arrest – 11th Street and Central Avenue– Police arrested Scott J. Hall on suspicion of possessing a switchblade in their vehicle.
• Arrest – Ocean Avenue – Police arrested Josiah James Lovell on suspicion of obstructing or resisting a public officer, police officer or emergency medical technician.
• Arrest – Loynes and Pacific Coast Highway – Police arrested Joshua Esau Alcantar on suspicion of driving under the influence.
College Park East
Friday, August 2
• Illegal Peddler (Priority 3) – 2:00 p.m. – Goldenrod St. – The caller stated that a solicitor was operating without a permit. Police were unable to locate the person in question.
• Transient (Priority 3) – 7:20 p.m. – Aster St. – The caller reported a woman wearing a green shirt and jeans with a stroller and bags.
• Suspicious Person (Priority 2) – 9:04 p.m. – Dahlia Circle – The caller stated that a man was walking around pretending to be on the phone while loitering in front of the caller’s residence and looking in their car. Police responded and determined that no further assistance was needed.
Saturday August 3
• Arrest – First St. and Eastern Avenue – Police arrested Mathew Aron Daggs on suspicion of felony grand theft of bicycles.
• Arrest – Westminster Avenue – Police arrested Randy Hernandezaltamira on suspicion of misdemeanor battery of a spouse or ex-spouse.
• Arrest – Garden Grove Boulevard and Valley View – Seal Beach Police arrested Christopher Sean Andrew Owens on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Tuesday, August 6
• Arrest – Pacific Coast Hwy – Police arrested Lisa Marie Sievers on suspicion of misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance.
• Arrest – Pacific Coast Hwy – Police arrested Justin Stephen Brunt on suspicion of misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance.