This week’s Crime Log is based on four documents provided by the Seal Beach Police Department dating from Dec. 5 to Dec. 10 and totalling 75 pages in all.
In Seal Beach
Friday, December 6
• Trespass—Crestview Avenue—Steven Edward Workman was arrested on suspicion of trespassing on posted property.
Saturday, December 7
• Burglary—8:56 a.m.—Landing Avenue and 17th Street—The caller stated that someone had stolen items from his vehicle about 25 minutes ago. He reported seeing a suspicious person carrying a floral bag. The caller later found his cell phone on the greenbelt, but was unsure as to what else was taken.
• Illegal Parking—9:10 a.m.—Electric Avenue and Ocean Avenue—The caller reported two vehicles illegally parked in the alley. Citations issued.
• Theft—9:14 a.m.—Seal Beach Boulevard—The caller stated that a skimming device had been found on an ATM on Dec. 5.
• Found Property—9:30 a.m.—Central Avenue—The caller reported a public rental scooter in front of their residence since yesterday. The scooter was relocated.
• Welfare Check—9:53 a.m.—12th Street and Pacific Coast Highway—The caller asked police to check on a person who was lying on the sidewalk. Police determined that the person was sleeping and advised them to be on their way.
• Paraphernalia—10:32 a.m. —Pacific Coast Highway—John Alex Zelayandia was arrested on suspicion of possession of unlawful paraphernalia.
• Extra Patrol—10:40 a.m.—Seabreeze Drive—The caller stated that she was told to call the police whenever she saw a group of five boys on her street due to a continuing problem with toilet papering and other mischievous happenings. She was leaving her residence but stopped to take pictures of the five juveniles. Police found the juveniles playing basketball with no crimes being committed.
• Welfare Check—2:02 p.m.—Golden Rain Road—The caller reached out to 911 stating that they couldn’t shut off their microwave.
• Illegal Parking—4:10 p.m.—13th Street—The caller reported a blue Mazda SUV that had been parked in the red zone since the day before.
• Mail Bandit—4:26 p.m.—6th Street—The caller stated that a package was taken from their porch at 4:10 p.m. by a woman who put the item in the back of their black lifted Ford truck.
• Resist—Westminster Avenue and Bolsa Chica Road (Westminster)—Jonathan Camberos was arrested on suspicion of obstructing or resisting a public officer.
• Resist—Westminster Avenue and Bolsa Chica Road (Westminster)—Nicole Lynn Allred was arrested on suspicion of obstructing or resisting a public officer.
Sunday, December 8
• Petty Theft—1:40 p.m.—Petty Theft—The caller reported that a ladder was taken from their car port overnight.
• Petty Theft—1:58 p.m.—Main Street—The caller stated that their sunglasses were stolen and that they have video of the person.
• Traffic Hazard—5:24 p.m.—Seal Beach Boulevard and Golden Rain Road—The caller reported a grey Dodge Charger that ran out of gas and was blocking traffic.
• Suspicious Person—8:20 p.m.—12th Street—The caller stated that a woman was possibly scoping their place and was now walking northbound.
Police were unable to locate the person.
• Welfare Check—8:49 p.m.—1st Street—The caller reported that a man appeared to be passed out in a silver vehicle while listening to loud music. Police determined that the man was just listening to music.
• Open Door—9:30 p.m.—North Gate Road (Leisure World)—The caller stated that he found the side door to the building open when he arrived for work.
• DUI—Pacific Coast Highway and Seal Beach Boulevard—Ashley Brooke Whitfield was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Paraphernalia—Trident Way (Long Beach)—Daniel John Shubin was arrested on suspicion of possession of unlawful paraphernalia.
• Paraphernalia—Westminster Avenue and Apollo Drive—Andrew Joseph Nelson was arrested on suspicion of possession of unlawful paraphernalia.
Monday, December 9
• Suspicious Person—12:30 a.m.—11th Street—The caller reported that they saw a man coming from the walkway of the apartment next door. The caller knows the neighbors and was sure it wasn’t one of them.
Police determined that it appeared to be someone who lived nearby.
• Reckless Driving—4:51 a.m.—Pacific Coast Highway and Anderson Street—A white Chevy Suburban hit the center divider. Officers made contact with the driver and determined that the incident was not related to alcohol.
• Keep the Peace—8:24 a.m.—Saint Andrews Drive—The caller stated that a man was telling her that she wasn’t allowed to park where she was trying to park. Officers arrived and provided counsel.
• Abandoned Vehicle—9:43 a.m.—Electric Avenue—The caller reported that a black GMC truck had been parked for a couple of weeks.
• Threat—2:29 p.m.—Pacific Coast Highway and 1st Street—The caller stated that a woman who had lots of property with her threatened to assault her while she and her 2-year-old were walking. Officers were unable to locate the person in question.
• Traffic Collision—4:01 p.m.—Westminster Avenue and Seal Beach Boulevard—A silver Toyota Camry and a grey Honda CRV were involved in a traffic accident. Both parties exchanged information. There were no injuries.
• Petty Theft—4:09 p.m.—Seal Beach Boulevard—The caller stated that a man reached over the counter and took a laptop. Before the theft, the caller noticed that the man in question had a pocket knife measuring approximately 4 inches long in his back pocket. The man did not brandish it, he just had it. Report taken.
• Reckless Driving—4:47 p.m.—Bolsa Avenue and Silver Shoals Avenue—The caller reported seeing a black full-size pickup truck racing in the area. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
• Hit and Run—7:45 p.m.—Seal Beach Boulevard—The caller reported that a woman in a blue sedan backed into a parking spot and hit a parked white Honda before taking off. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
• Possession—10th Street and Electric Avenue—Robert Allen Reeves was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
• DUI—Fifth Street and Pacific Coast Highway—Catherine Morrison was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Tuesday, December 10
• Suspicious Vehicle—1:16 a.m.—12th Street and Central Avenue—The caller reported that a white van was parked and left abandoned and running. Officers locked and secured the vehicle. Keys were taken for safekeeping and were placed in will call.
• Paraphernalia—First Street—Gregory Steven Albright was arrested on suspicion of possession of unlawful paraphernalia.
• Obstruction—Central Avenue—Jeffrey Ray Laudermilt was arrested on suspicion of obstructing or resisting a public officer.
• Paraphernalia—Old Ranch Parkway—Amy Lynne Corcoran was arrested on suspicion of possession of unlawful paraphernalia.
• Possession—Pacific Coast Highway—James Michael Marinow was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
Wednesday, December 11
• Shoplifting—Seal Beach Boulevard—Albert Motola Gakneras was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting goods valued at less than $950.
• Robbery—Fir Avenue—Gustavo Salgado was arrested on suspicion of strong arm robbery.
Thursday, December 12
• DUI—Alderwood Lane—Steven Allen Schweitzer was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs.