[x]close

use comma(,) if mutliple email addresses i.e(friend@domain.com, friend2@domain.com)

Rate This Article vote(s)
Average Vote 0/5

Susan Taylor Says:

Sun, Jun 26 2016 02:37 PM

I would like to thank Commissioner Campbell and Commissioner Machen for their input and for actually listening to the comments from the community. They asked intelligent questions and truly expressed interest in at least studying the project further.
Susan Taylor

Susan Taylor Says:

Sat, Jun 25 2016 03:47 PM

I agree completely, Melissa. It's very unfortunate that more of the Seal Beach residents who have expressed opposition, or at least more time to study the impact,did not show up. The Seal Beach city government in this case isn't even considering the input of its own residents. I knew that comments from Rossmoor would have limited impact because we aren't voters. We are, however, huge contributors to the retail income enjoyed by the City coffers. No more of my money, that's for sure.
Most residents in Rossmoor who are in favor of this don't live near the center.They get to leave and YOU have to put up with the traffic, noise, and the SIX THOUSAND members projected for this project. I wish your city would stop just paying attention to Main Street and listen to the rest of us who have to live with their decisions.

Melissa Says:

Sat, Jun 25 2016 02:59 PM

There were much more than a few Seal Beach residents there. Hundreds live in the condos along Montecito where they want to shoehorn in this monstrosity. Guess what...they are SEAL BEACH residents...not Rossmoor and I saw dozens of my neighbors there. The planning commission didn't even think about the hundreds of families who will be affected and are 100% in opposition

Marc Loopesko Says:

Sat, Jun 18 2016 10:48 AM

well done Sgt. John!

lshishim Says:

Thu, Jun 16 2016 12:17 PM

Am I the only one who objects to Aunt Gertie's big cigar? Maybe she could try carrying a lollipop from one of the sweet shops on Main St.

Marc Loopesko Says:

Tue, May 31 2016 03:28 PM

One of the best restaurants in Seal and Tim was a joy and very supportive of every city event and organization. He and his great food will be missed. Sadly we did not support him enough.

chris Says:

Tue, May 24 2016 01:02 PM

What was the reason? They like ugly?

r.l.bennett Says:

Sun, May 22 2016 01:12 PM

It's difficult to believe anyone thought they could get away with the flagrant destruction of city property and a beloved site for the enjoyment of a bit of nature and quiet. What is perhaps more difficult to understand is the level of selfishness and disregard for the people who use the park.
I would hope action is taken to reclaim the loss.

The Massie-Finney Family Says:

Sat, Apr 09 2016 06:47 PM

More Crime watch groups in Seal Beach are a welcome sight . Our nightmare began when we became victims of crime in mid January when theives broke in and took the irreplaceable. We wish to learn more about the Justice Solutions Group. We would appreciate more information. Thank you

Michael Platt Says:

Fri, Apr 01 2016 05:42 PM

Seriously? This "transparency group" is nothing more than a team of lawsuit lazy lawyers who threaten cities with a lawsuit for their own gain. This is about the lawyers' profits not the people's business, certainly not about the Brown Act. When did we start trusting lawyers before our neighbors. Hogwash!!

SB Says:

Mon, Mar 28 2016 12:37 PM

Congratulation on the great article about the U.S. Navy's proposed replacement of the Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach’s ammunition pier and waterfront facilities. The Navy has been a great neighbor and I feel very proud every time I see a ship at the dock. While reading, I couldn't help wondering if our city is talking to the Navy about Seal Beach's vulnerability to sea level rise (SLR). California's state government has launched an initiative to address SLR in all future coastal capital improvement projects due to the recommendation of recent SLR studies backed by solid science. Models created during these studies show that our Old Town area could experience significant flooding with as little as 4 feet of rise and within as little as 50 years. Perhaps I've missed it or it's been happening behind the scenes, but I haven't noticed this topic being addressed by our city government. Perhaps our representatives could use the Navy's April 7th public meeting to start a dialog on this important topic and maybe even launch our own joint planning with the Navy as they improve their facilities.

Scott McDonald Says:

Thu, Mar 24 2016 09:45 PM

Leave Comment
Name

(will not be published)

Comment(s)

Sun Newspapers | 216 Main Street, Seal Beach, CA 90740 | Phone: 562-430-7555 | Fax: 562-430-3469 | info@sunnews.org | Site Feedback | Corporate